Post Acute Care Nurse Leader Course
The post-acute care certified nurse leader examination is the required examination to become certified as a Post-Acute Care Nurse Leader (PAC-NL). The examination assesses clinical and technical competency.
Post-Acute Care Nurse Leader Course
The PAC-NL credentials signify your passion and mastery of key concepts to be successful as a nurse leader in the post-acute care environment. Our curriculum includes leadership training, QAPI, survey preparedness, readmissions, ethics among others. All Nurses in the PAC environment must strive for the PAC-NL credentials. All employees must ensure readiness and validate competency by ensuring their staff are PAC-NL certified by the INSPAC-Institute of Post-Acute Care.
Requirements for Obtaining PAC-NL Certification
To obtain the certification and 16 CEU's, the student must:
- Hold an active RN license within a state or territory of the United States of America.
- Have (1) year experience working in long-term care, home health, and/or hospitals.
- Complete the course.
- Yearly renewal (There is a renewal fee).
Who should Attend: Directors of Nurses, Assistant Directors of Nurses, Unit Managers, Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Educators, MDS staff, Any RN seeking a leadership position in post-acute care
At the end of the training the participant will be able to:
- Understand and be able to identify service offerings, including payer sources, that align with the Post-acute care (PAC) setting.
- Understand the role of the Post-Acute Care Nurse Leader (PAC-NL) within the PAC setting including core competencies, role/responsibilities as a nurse leader, key patient need and organizational communication strategies, and responsibilities aligned with professionalism and continuing education.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the PAC-NL in regulatory compliance and survey management, including the basic concepts of the Long-term care Survey process and Regulations and strategies to ensure compliance.
- Understand the basic concepts of the Quality Assurance & Process Improvement (QAPI) strategies.
- Understand roles and responsibilities relative to QAPI.
- Understand roles and responsibilities relative to trigger events, occurrence investigations, and rapid response processes.
- Discuss elements of thorough RN Assessment of patient conditions and needs that lead to an optimized plan of care.
- Identify resident care systems and best practices within evidence-based practice guidelines:
- Medication Management
- Falls Management
- Skin Management
- Pain Management
- Mood & Behavior Management
- Infection Prevention & Control Management
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the PAC-NL in optimizing care and services that minimize re-hospitalizations
- Understand opportunities and resources for continuing education including the certification process as a PAC-RN, and career development.
For all the Courses, Nursing CEU'S will be issued upon completion of each course. All CEU'S are ANCC APPROVED. INSPAC is an educational partner with NYU Rory Myers School of Nursing.